I was responsible for post-launch product & brand management of Chivalry. During my time we saw the game’s highest ever player concurrency numbers.
Attracted 360,000+ new Steam Hub members. Increased membership through in-game promotion of the hub, including new cosmetic unlock incentives.
- Oversaw Steam branding redesign (with designer + character artist)
Oversaw PS4/XB1 release marketing
- Working with Activision’s marketing department I oversaw and approved the creation of promotional content for Chivalry’s launch on consoles.
- New trailers were produced and highlighted in Xbox and PlayStation stores.
Ran unique sale events
On PC, I introduced unique new Sale events with special branding to grab attention and give older players a reason to come back.
The Peasants’ Revolt
- Came up with idea to allow players to temporarily play as peasants, wielding wooden weapons instead of swords – then marketed it as a special annual event (with ironic action movies posters)
Chivalry Community Fest
- Responsible for concept for new content update and Steam Free Weekend that included a trailer and mini site
- Arranged game content cross promotions with PAYDAY 2, Depth, Killing Floor 2 and Rocket League (i.e. own Chivalry to unlock exclusive content in another game, vice versa)
- Worked with Polaris/Maker to turn their influencer’s logos (Yogscast crew, Brotato, various others) into in-game wearable emblems on characters. During a tournament between their talent, they could all wear the emblems while playing – highlighting the game’s customization store to players as a result.
- Established relationships with influencers to continue postlaunch organic coverage of Chivalry and its DLC